pz_banner2

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Struck By Salad

1140DVD_216

Lightning Bolt "Assassins"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

I recently watched Lighting Bolt's film "The Power of Salad and Milkshakes" and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed. First of all, I had no idea Lightning Bolt was just two guys. I would never believe you if you told me that that much noise came out of just two skinny white guys. The film documents a tour across America by the "noise" band. I don't consider what they do to be noise. They play songs, they just play them at a decibel crushing volume.

Brian Gibson plays a bass guitar that looks like it has some regular guitar strings on it, while Brian Chippendale (no he's not one of those male dancers with only a bow tie on) frenetically wails on his drums to create loud, loud, LOUD masterpieces. The dvd of "The Power of Salad and Milkshakes" also included two music videos, both of which were completely brilliant mind fucks worthy of Wonder Showzen. If Lighting Bolt comes thru L.A. again I'll be sure to catch them, although from the looks of it they only seem to play in dingy basements or some dude's kitchen. I'll keep an eye on craig's list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home