pz_banner2

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Weigh Yr Options

thermals

The Thermals "Here's Your Future"

The Thermals "A Pillar Of Salt"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

I don't know much about the Thermals aside from the fact that they're a contested indie band. What I mean by this is that there's some indie scenesters and the occasional hipster blogster who would tell you that the Thermals suck. Now I don't know where this animosity comes from, but I understand it completely. I certainly have the same feeling towards a hefty amount of modern bands, as you can read about here almost every day.

On the other hand, I disagree. The Thermals don't suck. In fact I think they're actually pretty great. I bought their record The Body The Blood The Machine recently and although I found the lyrics a little heavy handed (meaning it was hard for me to take them seriously), all in all the music rocked. And thats all it comes down to for me.

The day I bought their record I saw their video get played on MTV2. Is this where the scenester hatred comes from? Probably not, because the video they played after that was by the Walkmen, and everybody and their mother seems to love them. I fall into the category of not completely understanding why that is, unfortunately.

The only problem I had with the Thermals video for "A Pillar Of Salt" is that it seemed to feature a cameo by actor Adam Goldberg (I can't be sure, the cuts were pretty quick). Now I don't personally know this guy, but based on seeing him on the tv show Dinner For Five I came to the conclusion that this guy may be one of the biggest assholes on the planet. So seeing him in a video I otherwise liked was disheartening. But maybe it wasn't him. Maybe it was Spanish Formula One race car driver Fernado Alonso.

fernando-alonso-vs-adam-goldberg

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you a thrillionaire?

10:27 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.syvum.com/cgi/online/tgamem.cgi/squizzes/chem/periodic3.tdf?0

10:28 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didnt think so.

10:28 AM PST  
Blogger dusted21 said...

nope.

i'm a cotillionaire.

1:16 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home