pz_banner2

Monday, January 08, 2007

My Squire, My King, My Liege

BillySquier-DontSayNo

Billy Squier "In The Dark"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

Look, don't rag on Billy Squier. Yes, perhaps he was a poor man's Led Zeppelin, maybe even a poorer man's Whitesnake at times, but he had his moments of rock purity. Like on "In The Dark", from 1981's' Don't Say No, which I recently saw the video for on VH1 Classic (god bless VH1 Classic, by the way) and remembered that it was the only Billy Squier song that I could tolerate when it came on the radio. Which seemed like a LOT. I think it's the harmony part coupled with the synthesizer riff during the chorus that does it for me. Or maybe its that blistering breakdown after the chorus. Either way, it beats "Stroke Me" anyday.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but does it stroke "Beat Me"?

7:55 PM PST  
Blogger Nicki said...

I <3 Billy Squier. I even named my cat Calley after Calley Oh.

Yeah, I'm one of THOSE nutjobs.

10:46 AM PST  
Blogger dusted21 said...

Aces!

9:36 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cehck out this new billy squier video and recording of "everybody wants you", acoustic no less!
http://www.downtowntv.com/puppet-music-hall/2007/1/10/episode-1-everybody-wants-you.html

3:05 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

billy squier "everybody wants you" link

3:06 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a look at the credits on that album. Billy Squier played all the guitar parts with the exception of the solo on "Lonely Is The Night"
Billy's a great player/writer. Personaly I think his 1993 album "Tell The Truth" is every bit as good as the Don't say No album. I admire and respect Billy very much.

7:24 AM PST  
Blogger dusted21 said...

well i grew up with this record in the house, so i definitely have a fondness for it...

8:22 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home