pz_banner2

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Da Bears Bus (also included: indie rock)

27374164

Oxford Collapse "Please Visit Your National Parks"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

In honor of the Bears making the NFC Championship game, I will forgo a picture of Oxford Collapse. I'm sure they'll understand. Skinny white guys in indie bands love football, right?

To me Oxford Collapse sounds a bit like Sonic Youth. I guess it's that unstable guitar shamble that kind of reminds me of "Schizophrenia" off Sister. This Brooklyn trio has written at least one good song, this one. I haven't heard anything else mainly because I just don't feel like getting past how good this one is.

From what little research I've done on Oxford Collapse I notice that R.E.M.'s Murmur is mentioned a lot. I guess I see that too. Speaking of which, I might have read it wrong but I thought I read today that R.E.M. was getting inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Really? Isn't it a little soon for that? Or am I just that old? Is U2 in there already? I've always kind of paired those two together. If R.E.M. accomplishes something, then U2 probably will too, or already did. Maybe its cause of that Automatic Baby thing, I don't know. Neither of them hold a candle to Chamillionaire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home