pz_banner2

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

As Promised, Skid Mark Underpants

san-francisco

Well I'm back. The two of you have probably been wondering where i've been. San Francisco is the answer to that question. I stayed in the presidential suite, checked into a karaoke studio (where my demo of Bryan Adams' "Heaven" was laid down), visited Kayo Books, the Ha Ra Club and Aquarius Records. I'll tell ya, Los Angeles ain't got shit on San Francisco. Well, except its warmer and I like our Amoeba Records better, and probably a dozen other things. But SF is a fun place to visit!

In honour of the trip I compiled a specially themed San Francisco compilation, which I offer to you today. It's a collection of some of the best and worst songs ever written about the town, and I encourage you to play it if yr ever in the vicinity. Besides, this should compensate for the time I was gone.

"If Yr Going To San Francisco" Scott McKenzie
"I Left My Heart In San Francisco" Frank Zappa
"Spiral Golden Town" Deerhoof
"I Left My Heart In San Francisco" Bobby Womack
"Got To The Gate On The Golden Gate" Mel Torme & The Mel-Tones
"If Yr Going To San Francisco" Me First & The Gimme Gimmes
"Dock Of The Bay" Otis Redding
"The San Francisco Treat"
"Ride Captain Ride" Blues Image
"San Francisco Hustle" Silver Convention
"Piazza, New York Catcher" Belle & Sebastian
"Come Back From San Francisco" The Magnetic Fields
"San Francisco (You Got Me)" The Village People
"San Francisco" Brian Wilson & Van Dyke Parks
"San Francisco" Bobby Solo
"San Francisco Woman" Bob Lind
"When The Lights Go Down In The City" Journey
"San Francisco Lights" Bobby Humphrey
Streets Of San Francisco (TV Theme)" Henry Mancini
"San Francisco" Lucero
"San Francisco" Nancy Sinatra
"San Francisco Song" Camera Obscura
"San Francisco Nights" The Animals
"Let's Go To San Francisco" The Flowerpot Men

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Rub it in why don't you? (cry, sob, gnash teeth, wail at heavens)

11:37 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like your selection here, especially the journey and the henry mancinin.

sincerely

kevin smith

4:21 PM PST  
Blogger dusted21 said...

oh, im sorry mark!

and kevin smith: i don't like you.

7:07 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah - but we're both kevin's and all . . . c'mon . .

9:24 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home