pz_banner2

Monday, November 20, 2006

Not Too Up To Date Breakup News

rainer_maria

Rainer Maria "Artificial Light"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

Yeah, I know Rainer Maria broke up a few moths ago and i'm late to talk about it. But if you're coming to Pop Zeus! for up to date indie rock information you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm too busy following Chicago sports to keep up with stuff like that. Try Pitchfork if yr into that sort of thing. I just hope that band Sleater-Kinney ever break up. They're great.

Rainer Maria was never my thing, as a concept. I mean, they were just too pretty for me. They all looked like french models. The only record of theirs that I own is 2001's 'A Better Version Of Me', which despite the fact that it's the type of music I would normally run from garnered a lot of spins of the old cd player in my house.

There was definitely something very earnest and open about their songs, a rarity for bands of their genre who seemed to take the "style over substance" route. But every time i listen to the record's opening track "Artificial Light" a sort of brazen vulnerability seems to come out of it.

Okay, i'm done being artsy fartsy. Tommorrow: SKID MARK UNDERPANTS!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still there? Everything ok?

Come back....

10:05 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

play some skynyrd!!!

8:33 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home