pz_banner2

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Battle For Snake Mountain

Sunday is TV Theme song day here at Pop Zeus!

prince adam copy

He-Man & The Masters of the Universe cartoon theme song

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

I was very fond of the Masters Of The Universe growing up, and i'm not referring to the Hawkwind song. I'm speaking of course about He-Man, a series of action figures and a cartoon that played every day after school. Evry time i would go to the Jewel with my Mom (that's a grocery store in Chicago for all you non-midwesterners) she would buy me one He-Man figure, which cost about five bucks apiece. What a great mom!

I ended up with a vast collection of these characters. My favorite one being Serpentor, a snake headed monster that you could actually fill with water. You would press down on his head and he would shoot mist at you. I dug this figure out of the crawlspace years later to find that it still had water in it that was probably from 1986.

Ha! here's a Wikipedia entry on the guy who I THOUGHT was named Serpentor, but is actually named "Kobra Khan":

A member of the evil warriors, he is a cross between a man and a cobra, who has the power to spray a 'sleep mist' from his hood which immediately renders his opponent unconscious. Although generally recognized as a member of Skeletor's evil team, in many mediums he serves a dual allegiance to both Skeletor and King Hiss of the Snake Men.

kobra khan2

I recently went home to find my mother had sold all my He-Man guys at a garage sale, trying to rid herself of all my old shit. It was a little sad, but its not like I was going to play with them. I only have one message for whoever bought the Serpentor figure, don't drink the water!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dude - i hope you didnt spray that. that was where i used to let my pet penny shrew pee! in that serpentor action figure! remember back in the eighties when i had that pet penny shrew ranch in the crwal space? right next door to my eohippus ranch! oh no!

6:58 PM PST  
Blogger dusted21 said...

ooh noes!!

3:56 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that wikipedia, gosh - WHAT DONT THEY KNOW!!

m

6:43 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home