pz_banner2

Monday, September 04, 2006

Don't Fuck Up My Play Action

knapsack

Knapsack "Decorate The Spine"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

Knapsack was a band I think I found out about when I received a sampler for Alias Records called "The Wagon" in the late nineties. At the time I had no idea that this was basically what would be eventually termed as "emo rock" a genre I have absolutely no interest in for a bevy of reasons, the most important one being it ALL SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME.

Case in point, I just got the new Madden '07 and the game's soundtrack is chock full of these shitty whiny bands. It's a good thing I have the option to turn off all the songs I don't like. Now all I'm left with are the hip hop tracks, which is fine with me. Although every once in a while they'll sneak in a Dashboard Confessional song when I kick a field goal and it makes my blood boil.

emo madden

*ahem* Anyway, Knapsack was a pretty good band. Yes they were a one trick pony and 'Day Three Of My New Life' was the only record I owned by them, but "Decorate The Spine" was the song on that sampler that peaked my interest enough to buy their record, so it's worth a listen. What they did or did not spawn however is not worth mentioning. Even though I just wasted at least two paragraphs on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home