pz_banner2

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Eye Of Newt & Hoof Of Deer, With This Potion I Disappear!

deerhoof_press

Deerhoof "Come See The Duck"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

This song just flat out fucking rocks. I don't know where this version of "Come See The Duck" by Deerhoof came from, but it kicks exponentially more ass than the album version. The first time I saw Deerhoof most of the crowd was laughing, as if they weren't to be taken seriously. A few songs in and the whole crowd was grooving to it, cursing themselves for laughing. Its okay though, I thought it was silly the first time I heard it too. In fact I hated it.

Two of my friends (who write for another music blog) got really into Deerhoof a while back. It seemed like thats all they would ever play. One morning after a drunken night of debauchery and them playing Deerhoof at my house, I walked out of my bedroom and into the living room to find them STILL PLAYING DEERHOOF. I had to lay down the law. Banning Deerhoof from my premises for at least a month, I went on with my day as usual. But later the music started creeping back into my head like a sickness. I had a Deerhoof headache.

hoof tray

Weeks later, I still hadn't shook my Deerhoof headache. I cured it by seeking out some of the tracks I remembered from that night. "Come See The Duck" was the first song I heard. Now I play this song probably once a day. It fucking rocks. So it may not hit you right away, but you will eventually dig Deerhoof. Hall & Oates too. Their music works the same way.

Deerhoof website

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Herzog said...

My friend Steve accuses me of "torturing" him with Deerhoof.

One day he'll see the light, just like you have.

12:07 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home