pz_banner2

Thursday, August 24, 2006

2 Headed Goat Boys

The Mountain Goats "Two Headed Boy"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

To my knowledge this is my first Mountain Goats post.

For shame, Kevin, they're one of yr favorite artists!

I know, I know, but I always thought them to be to obvious for Pop Zeus!

You Fool! Nothing is too obvious for Pop Zeus! You wrote a piece on Cyndi Lauper's Goonies Song for fuck's sake!

You right, black wardrobed man who lives in my record collection, you right....

*ahem* sorry bout that.

mountain goats

One indie stalwart covering another is always enough to make the bone skinny, bespectacled, ironic t shirt wearing crowd salivate. Even when one indie darling doesn't even get the words or the song right. But you see, the Mountain Goats covered Jeff Mangum's Neutral Milk Hotel epic "Two Headed Boy" (from the greatest record of all time 'In The Aeroplane Over The Sea') and fucked it up, but they added a harmonica! So it's still kinda cool. Head Goatman John Darnielle even apologizes in advance for fucking up the song, which makes it even more okay.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to do battle with the black wardrobed man over tomorrow's post. He wants to write about Wang Chung's soundtrack to 'To Live And Die In L.A.'. Duh! Sunday is TV theme song day! NOW who's the crazy one?!?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home