pz_banner2

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sloth Loves Chunk!!!

Sunday is TV Theme song day here at Pop Zeus!

goonies lauper

Cyndi Lauper "Goonies R Good Enough"

The Advantage "Goonies 2"

[right click to download, ctrl click if yr a mac!]

Okay, so Sunday is not ALWAYS TV Theme Song day here at Pop Zeus, but it's usually something tv/movie/pop culture related. I've decided that today is the day to put up Cyndi Lauper's "Goonies R Good Enough" (or is it "Enuff"?) song, a track i've been meaning to put up here since day one of Pop Zeus!

This was one of my favorite movies in my younger days, and I owned this soundtrack on vinyl as well. I've since lost it, but I remember it being absolutely horrible except for this Cyndi Lauper track, which is still one of my favorite drunken singalong songs.

I've also enclosed the Advantage's fantastic rendition of the 'Goonies 2' video game theme song. You may remember a post of mine on the Advantage a while back. The Nintendo game was a 'video game only' sequel of sorts to the hit film, complete with a nonsensical "story line"' complete with eskimos and plenty of hidden passage ways. So enjoy a slice our my (our??) youth!

Oh Boy! I also found the music video for "Goonies R Good Enough" on YouTube. This can only be described as an "epic", broken up in two parts! The video features many of Lauper's friends from her "wrestling era", back when it seemed her only friends were hairy, sweaty men like Capt. Lou Albano (what exactly was he a "captain" of, by the way?) and the Iron Sheik. Get ready for about thirty minutes of complete nonsense, with appearances by the Goonies themselves!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you're girlfriend uses it at ringtone when you call.

6:32 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kathleeeeen!

8:12 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home