pz_banner2

Sunday, August 06, 2006

An Ode To Burt

burt reynolds

Don Williams "If Hollywood Don't Need You (Honey I Still Do)"

[right click to download, ctrl click if yr a mac!]

I'll admit it. I haven't seen ALL of Burt Reynolds' films. But I can still attest to being a big fan. You see, Burt Reynolds is what I like to call the quintessential movie star. Every time I see a limo in L.A., I simply assume it to have Burt inside it. Every impressive mansion with guard towers containing machine gun turrets I see, I figure it must be the abode of Mr. Reynolds.

Some may have noticed way back in my KISS post, that I have a Smokey & the Bandit era framed portrait of Mr. Reynolds on my wall. It will remain on my mantlepiece until my dying day.

Now I don't know when Don Williams wrote this song (was it the Smokey & the Bandits era or the Lassiter era?), and I don't even know who the singer is, actually. I do know that this is a beautiful song that has a nod to Burt Reynolds in its chorus, and that's enough for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you seen *the end*?

8:19 AM PDT  
Blogger dusted21 said...

no, pray tell, what is it?!?

12:26 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home