pz_banner2

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Lit Lif

mr lif sharks fin

Mr. Lif "Home Of The Brave"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

Mr. Lif pulls no punches. Mr. Lif tells it like it is. Mr. Lif is not afraid to speak his mind. Etc, etc, ad nauseum. Although all these statements are true, they seem a little banal. The fact is that Mr. Lif is rapping about politics with grace the likes of which I haven't seen since Chuck D in the days of Public Enemy.

If yr a big Toby Keith fan (of "I Love This Gay Bar" fame) and a Bush supporter (are there any left by the way?), then this will seriously agitate you. In fact, even if you consider yourself a patriot with a "love it or leave it" attitude, you'll want to leave this song. But really, the reason why artists like Mr. Lif write songs like this is because they care about this country more than the "patriots" do and they want to expose truths and wake everyone else up, not just bury their heads in the sand and pretend everything is peachy.

So pour some lighter fluid on that flag (country of your choice) and turn up the bass (or treble if thats what yr into), it's Mr. Lif with "Home Of The Brave"!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously - I think this is one of the best hip hop tunes ever - the final verse 'my mind is wide open and my TV is off, great cos I save on my electricity costs' - I mean the whole thing is just amazing

5:12 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home