pz_banner2

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Scintas Called....

jasonkori_press
  • Mates Of State "Ha Ha"

  • Mates Of State "Abercrombie"


  • [right click to download]

    So I stayed away form Mates Of State as long as I could. I'm not that into The Postal Service and it just always semed, well, too "wussy" for my taste. But I finally caved and gave them a listen and I have to admit they're tolerable. These two songs at the very least are catchy enough to where I find myself singing along in the car. And so for that reason alone, they deserve to be here.

    Mates Of State are a husband and wife keyboard team. I saw a music video of theirs the other day and they're extremely odd looking people. They both wear far too much makeup and it makes them look like Vegas showroom entertainers. The kind that stare smiling at you off the back of the "In Vegas" magazine sitting on the floor of your hotel bathroom at 11am when you're hunched over the toilet cursing yourself for ever coming to this horrible, sinful place. I'm just speaking hypothetically, that's never happened to me.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home