pz_banner2

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yo! MTV Sucks

De La Soul w/ A Tribe Called Quest "Buddy"

Eric B & Rakim "Don't Sweat The Technique"

de la

I know I say it a lot, but hip hop really seems to have lost its way. Remember A Tribe Called Quest? Eric B & Rakim? De La Soul? I guess they're for the most part still around, though fragmented. You're sure as shit not going to hear them on the radio or see them on MTV though. I guess you're not really seeing anything on MTV anymore unless its the Real World Road Rules challenge (a pleading note to all americans: PLEASE stop supporting MTV, yr only encouraging them).

ericbrakimc

I'm not going to go on a rant about where (the majority of) hip hop failed or why it sucks now because i've done that a million times here. Instead I'd like to take you back to a time when Rakim was still making records, De La Soul and Tribe Called Quest were collaborating and MTV was still playing videos by all of them (and Stetasonic!) every day on Yo! MTV Raps. I know.

tribecall

I live in the past. I even propose that MTV start over completely. Literally. They should start a new channel where they re-broadcast every day of MTV since the beginning. And in about ten years we'll be enjoying Adam Curry's awesome mane cueing up number one Poison videos on Dial MTV all over again.

2 Comments:

Blogger moik said...

ha ha - i remember when rick james sued mtv because they didn't play enough black music. the result? less journey - more michael jackson.

get out of meowffice!

m

owbvwi

7:23 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been watching videos on blackshiptv.com, MTV doesn't even play videos anymore.

Gordon

9:26 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home