pz_banner2

Monday, June 25, 2007

Vampira Called.....

ghostfaceamy

Ghostface Killah & Amy Winehouse "You Know I'm No Good"

I've really been on the fence about what I thought about Amy Winehouse for a long time. On one hand I like her style, the 60s wall of sound girl group thing, as well as her attitude, basically the bad girl routine with frequent references to hard drug use. On the other hand too much hype can ruin anyone, and her leanings may or not go toward the pop world of Britney and Jessica Simpson for me. It's a good thing Ghostface swooped in to make up my mind for me. An artist I hold respect for validates Winehouse's integrity by sampling her single "You Know I'm No Good" on his Fishscale follow up More Fish.

Either she's a brilliant actress or she really is trouble, because she comes off as a foul temptress who might have a future as a vamp in a David Lynch film. And she's seemingly being embraced by the rap impresarios (Jay Z recently released his remix of her other hit "Rehab"). So while I guess I'm still on the fence about Amy Winehouse (I still can't tell whether I think she's hot or not, probably due to the fact that she wears novelty sized fake eyelashes and puts her make up on with a paint sprayer), but the jury is out on this track at least.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lubbock Washing Machine Repair said...

Great post thankkyou

6:35 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home