pz_banner2

Monday, May 28, 2007

Back Up In This Mofo

You've probably noticed by now that POP ZEUS! has been on vacation the last ten days. No, I wasn't traversing the exotic locales of Norway and Belgium looking for the next great pop rock outfit (I wish I had been), I was back that same old place, Sweet Home Chicago. I apologize to those of you who are avid readers of this site. Both of youse. And now let's get back to work.

sbs

Wilco "Impossible Germany"

So I know that Wilco's latest LP Sky Blue Sky has floating around the internets for months now, but I just bought the record proper (I did already download bits of it from other places but I'm still an old fashioned kind of guy who reviews stuff once I already bought it, it makes the bad purchases feel that much more betraying). Gone are the weirder aspects found on Wilco's last two releases, but the creativity is still burning brightly through. I happened to like the weird stuff that can probably be appointed to Jim O'Rourke's presence in the band, but its not missed on Sky Blue Sky.

"Impossible Germany" finds a more relaxed Wilco, ( a scary thought from the band that penned such slow burners as "Far Far Away" and "How To Fight Lonliness") but a band still at the top of their game. Whenever newcomer Nels Cline guitar comes into a track it cuts like the kind of wicked looking knife you'd buy on a late night infomercial. So while Sky Blue Sky may be a bit more hushed, its certainly not a step down for Wilco in any capacity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every cut I hear from this release I like.

But are you going to post more than the song's intro?

6:48 PM PDT  
Blogger dusted21 said...

fixed it.

9:53 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home