pz_banner2

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Helpless In Its Clutches

ofmontrealh

Of Montreal "A Sentence Of Sorts In Kongsvinger"

Not long ago I wrote about Of Montreal's Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?. Well that was when I first got it. Normally when I buy records that don't grab me right away. Meaning it usually takes me a while to really appreciate a record if its any good. Well Hissing Fauna did grab me right away. So much so that I had to share my thoughts about with all of you. Well since then I've been basically obsessed with it. Seriously I listen to it at least once a day every day and I never tire of it.

There's something sinister going on here I think. I've never been this infatuated with a record before. It reminds me of when I was in high school and my Led Zeppelin II cassette got stuck in my car's tape deck for about a year. Therefore I couldn't listen to the radio or any other tapes, just Led Zeppelin. Something tells me if that was an Of Montreal cassette I wouldn't have minded.

Anyway, I thought I 'd revisit this record one more time on POP ZEUS seeing how it has engulfed my very being, as well as the fact that I'll be seeing Of Montreal for my first time at next weekend's Pitchfork Fest in Chicago. Expect gushing reviews about that as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home