pz_banner2

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Raw, That Means Its Uncooked

jaylib

Jaylib "Raw Shit" ft. Talib Kweli

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

Jaylib is the brainchild collaboration between Madlib and the late J Dilla. The same way Robert Pollard and Tobin Sprout recorded the Airport 5 records, the two artists would send tapes back and forth to each other without actually working face to face. The result was 2003's Champion Sound, a wonderfully pure hip hop record that championed the best of the two artist's talents.

"Raw Shit" features Talib Kweli, who although may be a truly gifted lyricist in his own right seems to pop up on every hip hop record as a "featured guest" these days. Seriously. I was dicking around with my Garageband software the other night. I went to go to the bathroom and when I came back Talib Kweli had laid a vocal track on it. I furrowed my brow in a vain attempt to understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home