pz_banner2

Friday, February 02, 2007

Even Though Yr A Smelly Drunk Old Man

sslyby_broom

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin "Oregon Girl"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

Apparently Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin is a "blog favorite", at least thats what it said on their last.fm description. Well I may not be as up to speed as some of the other music blogs, and I might not have their razor sharp wit. I also might not have as many readers and I probably don't look as good in a wetsuit-tight ironic t-shirt. And sure, I might go off on a lot of crazy tangents instead of providing insight on song structure and the state of today's music industry and I certainly don't have indie rock bands overloading my mailbox with free records begging me to write them up on my site. And I probably spend too much time talking about now "uncool" artists like Guided By Voices and Kool Keith, BUT.....

I, uh......I -

hmph.

This song reminds me of this one time when I went to Indiana Beach with my friend Stas and we pulled up next to a car load of girls and he immediately took off his shirt, revealing his preposterously hairy chest. When the girls began to recoil in horror and disgust, he told them his name was "Chewbacca".

Oh yeah, and this band is good. Listen to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home