pz_banner2

Monday, October 09, 2006

Still Sweet, But With A Bitter Aftertaste

lemonheads_

Lemonheads "Pittsburgh"

Lemonheads "Become The Enemy"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

Hot on the heels of my 'Hate Your Friends' post a few weeks back, the Lemonheads are back! I will admit I had a special fondness for their records back in high school, particularly 'Come On Feel The Lemonheads'. So when I read that there was a new Lemonheads record I was intrigued. What intrigued me even more was when I found out Evan Dando's new band was comprised of former members of the Descendents and that the album would be released on Vagrant Records. A return to the form of 'Hate Your Friends', perhaps?

Well, no, but a return to form nonetheless. 'Lemonheads' is a mixed bag. Dando has never been lauded as a genius lyricist, although he had his clever moments here and there (If i was a booger/would you blow yr nose?). Now I just got this record and have listened to it maybe twice, but I can pretty much say that the two tracks here are the only ones I like off the record. When Dando starts trying to write country songs like "Baby's Home" (i think that was the one. I told you I only listened to it twice!) I turn off. But "Pittsburgh" reminds me of the good old days, kind of like "Rest Assured '06". I'll let you all know individually if my opinion changes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dando didn't write Baby's Home. Tom Morgan did. Why not read the liner notes before you review a record?

5:20 PM PDT  
Blogger dusted21 said...

who are you my 9th grade english teacher?

4:48 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, if you feel like criticizing Dando's songwriting it's not the worst idea to check if he actually wrote the song in question.

3:58 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just look at those teeth.


What's happening? . . . What's Happening? . . AAARGGGGHHHHH!!!!

11:15 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home