pz_banner2

Friday, September 29, 2006

In Loving Memory Of QB Eagles

Sunday is TV theme song day here at Pop Zeus!

Well today's post technically is a tv theme song. I mean, I never seen anyone play Nintendo WIHOUT a TV right?

tecmo teams

Writing about Tecmo bowl yesterday reminded me of the good old days. The days when Sam Graddy could lead the AFC in receiving yards. Or Wayne Haddix could pick off even the indominatable Phil Simms. I'm speaking of course about the greatest Nintendo game ever made, Super Tecmo Bowl.

injured! keith byars

I loved this game so much that when I first got it I woke up before school and played half a season. BEFORE I went to school. That's eight games, and that's ridiculous. So I present to you some of the moments from the game no one can ever forget. The sound effects and their correlating music. Remember that feeling you got when Marion Butts returned from injury, the nurses waving to him from atop the hospital? Well now you can relive that moment over and over again. Thanks to me. Hey man, don't worry about it, it's all good.

Coin Toss!
Field Goal Bad!
Field Goal Good!
FUMBLE!
Injury!
Interception!
Kickoff!
Pass Touchdown!
Return From Injury!
Run Touchdown!
Sack!
Safety!

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

Also enjoy this ridiculous play from two guys who apparently taped all their Nintendo games while they played them. It may seem like a dorky concept, but this video has given me hours of solid entertainment. By the way this is the Super Nintendo version, which i've never played, but the effect is the same.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i shared a similar love for tecmo bowl. i was UNSTOPPABLE with the raiders.

these sounds will be put to good use.

big up

11:47 PM PDT  
Blogger dusted21 said...

ha. i played my very first tecmo season w/ the raiders. jay schroeder was unstopable in the red zone on the button hooks play. there would always be one guy open, or jay would just run it in himself. what a stud.

1:24 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home