pz_banner2

Monday, October 09, 2006

No Alarms Anna No Dubprises

1055

Easy Star All Stars "Airbag"

Easy Star All Stars "Paranoid Android"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

I've talked up the Easy Star All Stars a great deal, most notably their 'Dub Side Of The Moon', a reggae tribute to Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side Of The Moon'. I'll get around to putting some tracks from that someday, I swear. Well where I thought 'Dub Side' was pretty good, the All Stars are back with something that I'm actually REALLY excited about. With 'Radiodread', a note for note reggae version of Radiohead's 'OK Computer', the All Stars have really strived to achieve perfection.

radiodread

The arrangements are beautiful on this record, and the appearances by reggae superstars like Sugar Minnott and Toots & the Maytals add to its mass appeal. As soon as I read about this record I knew I had to go buy it without ever hearing it (actually I do that quite a bit), but as soon as I heard the horn charts on "Paranoid Android" I realized that I was getting way more than I expected. This isn't some goofy novelty record, these musicians took this seriously.

Released on their own record label, Easy Star Records, the All Stars are now touring behind this record and i'll be damned if I don't go see them. They're playing all over SoCal in the coming weeks. Seeing as they tend to lean toward prog rock in choosing what to record, here's to hoping they don't decide to re-record Queensryche's 'Operation: Mindcrime' next. I'd rather hear them do Tool's 'Aenima'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home