pz_banner2

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Y'all Are Perspirin'

lilkulit2
  • Lil Kulit "NBA Beat"

  • Look, i'm not going to dog on Lil Kulit. I'm sure he knows in his heart that he has some work to do. His cadence could be described as a tad bit off. He tries to stuff to many words into his lyrics. He sounds like a little Filipino guy. Well, okay, he can't help that, because he is a little Filipino guy. But as the line in the song goes, "Big things come in little packages".

    Lil Kulit obviously has a passion for hip hop, as well as basketball. So much passion in fact that he penned and ode to the sport and his favorite team, the Golden State Warriors (I've never encountered anyone who was a Warriors fan. I'm not saying they don't have fans, but I've just never seen one). All this is set to the strains of John Tesh's "Roundball Rock", better known as the theme to the NBA on NBC, which I've always felt was one bad motherfuckin jam. There are rumours that Tesh once toured Eastern Europe with NECROPHAGIST, but I don't believe them.

    I once watched Tesh on an episode of Late Night With Conan O'Brien, where Conan coaxed him into playing an impromptu version of the "NBA on NBC" with the Max Weinberg Seven. It was a classic televsion moment as Tesh counted the song off and launched right into it, Conan dancing like a fool next to him.

    TESH
  • John Tesh "Roundball Rock (NBA on NBC Theme)"


  • So i'll give Lil Kulit for picking a good song to sample. But it could have been mixed a little better. You might not even notice that it's a Tesh sample until Kulit is through spitting his verbal fire. I only hope that in the future Kulit writes a song about the Oakland Athletics and samples the MLB on FOX theme song. Just as long as he hooks up with a sound engineer before that occurs.

  • Lil Kulit @ Myspace.com

  • John Tesh @ Myspace.com
  • 1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What does Kulit mean?...could you email me your answer at rander1433@aol.com. I have a filipino friend who called me Kulit but I can't find the meaning
    She said it was my homework to find this out...

    4:51 AM PST  

    Post a Comment

    << Home