pz_banner2

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Slim Whitman: Killing Machine

slim
  • Slim Whitman "I Remember You"

  • My introduction to this song was in Rob Zombie's wonderful film "House Of 1000 Corpses". It's interesting how the first time I watched the movie, I thought it sucked so bad that I turned it off, which I rarely do. Your movie has to REALLY suck shit for me to stop watching it. But the next time I caught it on cable, I realized it was brilliant.

    harrisonyoung

    If you haven't seen the movie, then you may not understand what Slim Whitman has to do with Rob Zombie (whose music i despise, for the record). In a pivotal scene in "House of 1000 Corpses", Slim's "I Remember You" is played in its entirety as people are murdered. It's a great juxtaposition, this beautiful country ballad about lost love plays as three characters are mercilessly gunned down.

    58 mars attacks
  • Slim Whitman "Indian Love Call"

  • For those unfamiliar with Slim Whitman, you might also remember him as the artist whose music ("Indian Love Call") made the alien's heads explode at the end of Tim Burton's "Mars Attacks!", saving the planet. Whitman certainly has had an interesting film soundtrack career.

    So now you won't be able to listen to Slim Whitman without thinking about grisly death. As it should be.
  • Slim Whitman Wikipedia Entry
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home