pz_banner2

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Estrogen Attack

r crumb women

I know people who have never taken female rock singers seriously. I am not one of those people. In the "alternative" 90s, I was a huge fan of the likes of Juliana Hatfield, Bettie Serveert and Liz Phair (although definitely not anymore). Although if you come up to me and say you like Hole, i will vomit on you. And that's no lie.

Tift Merritt
  • Tift Merritt "Sunday"


  • So today I am embracing the estrogen attack. Tift Merritt may seem like a radical departure for the dude who wrote a piece praising NECROPHAGIST, but she's got a beautiful singing voice. I came across her when I was searching for a decent contemporary country artist. She straddles the line between country and VH1-ish "adult alternative", but nevertheless "Sunday" hits me in the heart. Yes, I remembered to put my tampon in today.

    thea_gilmore
  • Thea Gilmore "I'm Not Down"


  • Thea Gilmore is a little more rough around the edges. Her acoustic cover of The Clash's "I'm Not Down" is stirring, and it will make you want to revisit the original. I believe Thea is the West End troubadour type, a comely lass singing in the most down and dirty pub in London. And yes, i realized I just spilled my sea breeze on my dress.

    So enjoy the music of these lovely ladies just as much as me. And yes, I've got my purse. It's right next to my "Sex And The City" DVD set.
  • Thea Gilmore Official Site
  • Tift Merritt Official Site
  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger dusted21 said...

    try again later!

    9:59 PM PDT  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Send $20 + SASE and you will receive an hand-me-down panty from me.
    Juliana Hatfield 227 Washington Street 02332-4548 Duxbury,MA.

    5:41 PM PDT  

    Post a Comment

    << Home