pz_banner2

Monday, May 29, 2006

I Ain't The Worst That You Seen...

suburbs5

  • The Suburbs "Cig Machine"


  • [right click to download]

    The Suburbs are one of my brother's favorite bands. He went to college up in Minnesota and discovered them there, I believe. This is the only song I have by them but I love it. I know very little about the band. Seems the Suburbs were destined for the kind of attention garnered by Husker Du and the Replacements but they stumbled along the way.

    I don't know why but for some reason this song reminds of the line in Van Halen's "Jump" where David Lee Roth says "Can' you see me standin' here I got my back against the record machine", which I always heard as "Wrecking Machine", which in my opinion sounds cooler. But then again Van Halen never seemed to care whether you thought they were cool or not, just look at Michael Anthony. No, they were more interested in scoring wicked fine ladies. But wait! This is about the Suburbs!

    But like I said, I know very little about the Suburbs, so I chose to go down the Van Halen route.

    As usual.

    Jump

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    far fucking out, man!

    9:26 PM PDT  

    Post a Comment

    << Home