pz_banner2

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hercules: Not An Official Member Of NAMBLA

Sunday is tv theme song day here at POP ZEUS!

herco5-2

Theme from The Mighty Hercules

Apparently I have an mp3 of a cartoon that I've never seen before here with the theme from The Mighty Hercules. First off, the song sound like it may have been written by Cole Porter. Secondly the lyrics go farther than just describing Hercules as a destroyer of the wicked but as a gay icon of sorts. The singer describes Hercules as having "softness in his eyes and iron in his thighs". Geez, dude if you love Hercules so much why don't you marry him? Oh wait you don't live in Massachusetts. Plus he's a fictional character. That's right, my bad.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger moik said...

i think i remember that cartoon. it was a REALLy cheap animation job if i remember, and were little short segments played on bozo or garfield goose, or something like that.


clcqrz

yoadcgfx

4:03 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't recognize the picture, but as soon as I clicked on the song, some long-forgotten piece of childhood came hurtling back. I knew all the words - even the part about his thighs. Might have made me the man I am today - happily enmeshed in one of those new-fangled marriages you can only do in Massachusetts. I'd say the guy sounds more like Rudy Vallee than Cole Porter, though.

8:01 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home