pz_banner2

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

When Strikes The Skeletoid

bobot

Bobot Adrenaline "Damn The Machine" (Damn Skippy Mix)

Bobot Adrenaline "Antiwar Song"

Bobot Adrenaline "State Of Affairs"

I happened to catch a performance by Bobot Adrenaline on the local college radio station one night. It was nerve racking because the station kept cutting in and out to some new church of christ broadcast and I desparately wanted to hear the end of their set. Their brand of poppy punk rock (albeit under a horribly stupid moniker; they sound like they're poised to play host to the next extreme snowboarding championships) was stripped down to bare bones rock and it sounded so fucking good. Then I looked them up when I got home and found their recordings to be overproduced (sigh) and their lyrics to be overtly political (double sigh).

So these tracks don't really do the band justice but I had to put them up here. They're apparently opening for Social Distortion (triple sigh) at the House Of Blues (quadruple sigh) here in Los Angeles, and although I'd really like to experience that live feeling again, I just don't think I could subject myself to standing in a House Of Blues (actually house of whites) with a bunch of Social Distortion fans.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey zeus christ! I watched Highway for the first time last night then I wake up and read this news. Double bummer. At least I saw the Alligator Boy..

10:56 AM PST  
Blogger Vic Arpeggio said...

Wow. I want to beat them up just based on their appearance.

6:15 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home