pz_banner2

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

National Hero?!? Mental Zero!!!

romi

"Romi Romi" from 'America The Beautiful': A Rock Opera Featuring Soundscape

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

Today's epic track comes courtesy of Mike of Record Robot Fame. I've been sitting on this beauty for quite a while now. I don't know where Mike found 'America The Beautiful - A Rock Opera Featuring Soundscape', but it truly is a work of outsider art.

writer

From what I gathered in my attempt to listen to the entire work (it's a double disc set), the entire rock opera is an ode to an ex girlfriend by a very jilted and jealous man. As illustrated in "Romi Romi", his ex apparently left him for a baseball player, a MILLIONAIRE at that! Can you believe it? Soundscape (which I can only assume is what the artist prefers to be called) draws a parallel between his chick leaving him and the current state of America. Sorry, but that correlation went RIGHT between my legs Buckner style.

cat

All of Soundscape's magnus opus is a jealous outcry. Seriously, EVERY SONG is about his ex girlfriend cheating on him. I mean we've all been there but sheesh, try to write a song about clouds or something once in a while dude. "Romi Romi" is quite easily the worst, most absurd song in my library and that's why I hold it so dear. So if you've ever heard me exclaiming " A baseball playah?!? KILLIONAIRE!!!!!" out of the blue, now you know where it comes from.

david

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thing you never post esoterica.

m

7:02 AM PDT  
Blogger Tony said...

That drummer, though, is awesome. Like clockwork. Almost inhuman.

11:01 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home