pz_banner2

Monday, June 26, 2006

Set Controls For The Heart Of Darkness

ththalbumcover

The Horror, The Horror "This Is A Lovesong"

[right click to download, ctrl click if yr a mac!]

The Horror, The Horror is not a good band name for this Stockholm indie pop group. The darkest point during the journey to the heart of darkness does not reflect on these Swedes' music at all. A better choice for them may have been "I Swallowed A Bug".

Apocalypse_Now-02

Not nearly as forboding as their name, "This Is A Lovesong" is still a wonderful little pop gem complete with Franz Ferdinand-ish guitars and apathetic hipster vocals. It's the kind of thing I usually love to hate, but I just can't bring myself to do it this time. Perhaps it has something to do with my admiration of the Swedish, or maybe its just a good song, plain and simple.

willard

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to flail around drunk in my Vietnamese hotel room and punch out a mirror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home