pz_banner2

Sunday, June 11, 2006

9/11, Never Foghat

The_Cover_Up-I_Am_The_World_Trade_Center_480

I Am The World Trade Center "Holland Tunnel"
[right click to download]

I Am The World Trade Center is not actually the World Trade Center. The building never actually wrote and recorded music. This electronic group took their name before the events of 9/11, so it's not one of those garbage pop-country acts designed to prey on your emotions and make money off your suffering. No, I Am The World Trade Center is quite tongue in cheek, actually.

I immediately recognized the guitar sample in the beginning of this song from Scott McKenzie's "San Francisco". It goes off on a few tangents from there. "Holland Tunnel" is a skewering of scenesters who will go to the "opening of anything, even a toilet seat". I've had this song for a while now and it keeps popping up on my iTunes. I generally don't like dance music but this song has something odd and ominous about it that keeps me interested, Kind of like Count Chocula. I mean, he's an evil vampire lord and yet i'm attracted to his chocolatey goodness. But I guess he's really not that scary. Whatever, I'm going to go eat Count Chocula now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u r funny

9:36 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"never foghat" - dude you slay me!!!!!

9:37 PM PDT  
Blogger Eduardo J. said...

Any chance you could post their whole album? It'd been a bitch to find it.

=]

2:17 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home