pz_banner2

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

He's A Deep Deep Ocean

oceanlimahl

Billy Ocean "When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going"

Some of you might consider this total cheese, but I think "When The Going Gets Tough" (which I believe comes from the Romancing The Stone soundtrack) is a damn good song. Maybe it takes me back to my days as a lad, riding my bike around the block endlessly listening to Z95 on my walkman, hoping the next track will be "Rock Steady" by Whispers or "Easy Lover" by Phil Collins and Phillip Bailey. Then I would go to the pool and stare at the hot lifeguard, still humming radio hits to myself as I prepared to enter puberty.

Or maybe it reminds me of the time I sang "Carribbean Queen" in a karaoke bar in Chicago and my friend Mikey retaliated with "When The Going Gets Tough", another Ocean classic. Oddly enough, no one did "Get Out Of My Car, Get Into My Dreams" that night, but then again too much Ocean might have driven the crowd CRAZY. Wow, some things never change.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger moik said...

oh yeh - THAT LIFEGUARD!!

I remember that guy.


cvrqmxyv

7:19 AM PDT  
Blogger dusted21 said...

you probably DO remember a dude, but I was talking about a chick. i dig CHICKS.

11:26 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too

11:30 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me Too!

3:29 PM PDT  
Blogger michaelb said...

Chris Bell, Sean Curtin, and I did an infamously awful version of this song at Redeemer's talent show. All the cool kids were doing Panama, complete with Mike Manna on drums. Impossible to top, but us losers tried. I remember blacking out sometime during my plastic Little Tykes sax solo.

Thank you for bringing back extraordinarily awkward memories.

P.S. Bell's parents have this on video, and the only thing preventing us from being a YouTube sensation is their lack of technical know-how.

8:01 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home