pz_banner2

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Chipmunk Love Pump

Sunday is TV Theme song day here at POP ZEUS!

2574

Alvin & the Chipmunks 80s cartoon theme

Well I guess there's an animated Alvin & the Chipmunks film coming out soon. I have no doubt that Alvin and his brothers will be updated to be much more sassy and "street", complete with lines like "this is why im hot" and "don't you think your girlfriend is hot like me" or some other garbage fucking jargon from two years ago. I'm sure Theodore will be covered in prison tats and win a rap-off competition of some sort. But back in the 80s the Chipmunks didn't try so hard to be cool. In fact one could almost say they did everything NOT to be cool. They would cover songs like Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl" and they lived with their caretaker David Seville. A seemingly innocuous single songwriter who may or may not have tied them up in the basement and forced them to... well I'd rather not say. The point is that kids' movies suck shit these days and I pity the poor youth. To grow up in a world without Popples, Wuzzles or Snorks is a world I just don't want to live in.

1 Comments:

Blogger michaelb said...

I saw the trailer for the new Chipmunks before the Simpsons movie, and wow, it sure made me think because:

1) What the hell is Jason Lee on? He cashes his well-deserved Earl chips for this? I haven't been this disappointed since Bill Murray did the voice for Garfield.

2) Theodore eats shit in the trailer. I don't think Raisenette sales will be increased by this film.

12:44 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home