pz_banner2

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What The Girls Call Murder

847456020_e9e7cd8baf

Girl Talk "Bounce That"

Girl Talk "Smash Yr Head"

These tracks comes from another artist that performed at the Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago, which I attended, but didn't happen to catch. It makes me wonder exactly what I was doing that whole time, seeing as I missed every lauded artist of the festival. Some of you may have already heard of Girl Talk. I say this because he drew quite a crowd at Pitchfork. So big in fact that there were kids literally climbing fences to see him and his show got shut down early by the fire marshall. Damn that fire marshall. The kids are just trying to have a really unsafe good time, and you had to ruin it by making sure nobody got hurt. Well what if they want to get hurt? Ever think of that? Asshole.

Anyway, Girl Talk is a mash up dj. For those not in the know (or for those who don't hang out in dance clubs like I CONSTANTLY do, i'm the guy in the corner tearing at the walls with his fingernails looking for a way out) a mash up DJ normally mixes two songs together to make a whole new song. Well what this guy does is mix like a hundred songs together to make one. It may start off as something you don't like, but stick with this one and I guarantee you'll hear something you recognize. Like the Breeders' "Cannonball", Stevie Wonder's "My Cherie Amour" or Ace Of Base's "All That She Wants Is Another Baby She's Gone Tomorrow" (or whatever the actual title of that song is). I think I also heard a Steve Winwood jam in there somewhere. The only qualm I have with this track is that I wish he didn't use so much garbage modern r&b/hip hop/club music up front to move the song, because it's the background stuff that's the fun part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home