pz_banner2

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Said Yeah, Still Waiting To Clap Hands

cyhsyslt

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah "Satan Said Dance"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

After avoiding it for awhile because I felt it may have been over hyped, I ending up really liking the debut record by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. It had the energy of the early eighties fueling its fire. Rock songs that made you want to dance were plentiful, and despite its slight pretension it was very accessible to a non-scenester like me.

Now it is February of 2007, and the band's follow up Some Loud Thunder has just been released. I don't know what to say. I hate to be dishing out bad reviews all week but it left me very unimpressed. Like the Deerhoof record I found it to be boring and meandering. Lazy (although thoughtful) songs are not what I expected from Some Loud Thunder. In fact the only song I actually like is the first single, "Satan Said Dance", and even that doesn't hold up its own versus the songs from the first record.

I might take this opportunity to state that I don't normally like any records the first time I hear them, and it usually takes more than a few listens for me to get into it. I listened to this about three times in a short span of time, but I still don't see it grabbing me in the future. Maybe its just the dissapointment of buying a whole batch of records and not seeing the greatness in any of them. But there were a few good ones in the batch, as you'll see later in the week. For now, just enjoy the movie. It has Tom Berenger.

berenger

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tom berenger graduated from leo high school just like my dad!

2:58 PM PST  
Blogger dusted21 said...

did ted leo go to leo?

i'm sure someone named ted did.

1:15 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home