pz_banner2

Monday, February 12, 2007

Like The Bengals of Old

dhfo

Deerhoof "The Perfect Me"

Deerhoof "+81"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

So I guess this may end up being a new release week of sorts, since I just dropped a bundle on a whole bunch of shit that just came out. It was as if Amoeba Records was calling my name, luring me with a smoky finger like the smell of a pie cooling on a window sill in a Looney Tunes cartoon. I floated towards it and once I'm in that place, I'm trapped.

I hate to say it but this slew of new releases has been somewhat dissapointing. To start, San Francisco's Deerhoof, whose praises I have sung in the past, just released Friend Opportunity. All I can say here is that it bored me. Gone are the the rockers like "Come See The Duck" and breezy streams of consciousness like "Running Thoughts". What we're left with are awkward dance beats and meandering soliloquies that go nowhere fast. A dull record to say the least.

The record started out good, though. The first two tracks, "The Perfect Me" and "+81" stood out immediately and I got excited. Then what seemed like decades later I realized I was STILL listening to Friend Opportunity. I had to turn it off and play some NECROPHAGIST to get my head right.

http://dusted21.blogspot.com/2006/05/toilet-metal.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home