pz_banner2

Thursday, December 14, 2006

I Guess MY Swahili Isn't As Good As Yours...

jean_wy_1

Wyclef Jean "Sang Fezi"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

For years I never bothered to look up the translation of Wyclef Jean's "Sang Fezi" a haitian language track from his 1997 masterpiece 'The Carnival'. The song didn't really need a translation as it's mystique and beauty stood on its own. Before I put this up I decided to google a translation though. Maybe it was just a poor transfer, but some of the lines I got came out pretty ridiculous. Like:

Last goal if for Pele
Don't dis my mom, my mom is creole
My gun guides me
My direction sucks

What? I'm sorry I ever even looked it up. My advice to you would be to just enjoy "Sang Fezi" in its native language and not seek out any translations.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some errors in that translation. It is more like:

This is Pele's final goal
I defend my mother she brought me up
My gun guides me
Somebody oily is for sale
Always

4:32 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home