pz_banner2

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Trolls In The Glen Are Consorting (Again)

Pavementband

Pavement "Black Walls"

[right click to download, ctrl click if yr a mac!]

Time for a Pavement song. This one's called "Black Walls" and it comes from a live bootleg called 'Stray Slack'. Pavement has always been one of my favorite bands and I've heard rumors that they may be getting back together soon.

In their off time, Stephen Malkmus has been recording solo records (last year's 'Face The Truth' being one of his best), Bob "Nasty" Nastanovich bought a race horse and I recently saw bassist Mark Ibold on an episode of 'Strangers With Candy' playing Kansas' "Carry On My Wayward Son" in a band fronted by a fake-mustached Stephen Colbert. So at least they're keeping busy.

At the end of "Black Walls" you can hear Malkmus launching into the intro of "In The Mouth A Desert". I remember once me and my friend Pat saw Pavement twice in one night. Once at the early, all ages show and then later for the 21+ show. We were right in the front of the stage and when we heard the opening strands of "In The Mouth A Desert" Pat started cheering. Stephen Malkmus looked at him like he had two heads. He was always a bit of a snot, that Malkmus, but we like him anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home