pz_banner2

Monday, June 19, 2006

Apocalypse NOW!

I came across Thunderbirds Are Now! thru last.fm, one of the greatest gifts the internets have ever given us. The Thunderbirds never let up with their brand of caffeinated rock n roll, and I love it. They immediately caught my attention with song titles like "Nice Hair, Hope You Win", which I actually said to a sweet dude queued up in a sweet line for a sweet Hollywood night club recently. I think he was more flattered than offended.

Thunderbirds Are Now! "Not Witherspoon, But Silverstone"

Thunderbirds Are Now! "Harpoons Of Love"

[right click to download, ctrl click if yr a mac!]

Thunderbirds Are Now! hail from Detroit, or as us Chicago sports fans call it, De-Toilet. They play high energy garage rock and the way I envision them they all play double neck guitars (even the drummer, somehow), with a Renaissance costumed orangutan on keyboards and their encore is projectile vomiting on the audience in true De-Toilet fashion. I hope i'm not disappointed if i ever get to see them play live.

thunderbirds

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KICK ASS drawing! I'd go see them!
P

-that's my new tag by the way...just a P....every time I wrote sis, I thought of auny sissy so now it's just P...maybe it should be PL or PML or MEML....no, I think I'll just leave it as just plain P
P

5:31 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home