pz_banner2

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Chamber Pop Up Yr ASS!!

DECEMBERISTS_3 copy

The Decemberists "Grace Cathedral Hill"

The Decemberists "Song For Myla Goldberg"

The Decemberists "The Engine Driver"

If you frequent audioblogs like this one, you've probably noticed that the Decemberists are a critical favorite. I like them but sometimes the songs transform themselves into easy listening lite fm type crap. Take "Song For Myla Goldberg" for example. I think its a great song until the breakdown with some sort of harmonica solo that sounds like "That's What Friends Are For" by Stevie Wonder and Dionne Warwick. Was that Dionne Warwick? I don't know and I don't care. Partly because I associate that horrible song with my eighth grade dance, where the girl I had a crush on then would only dance with me to THAT song, obviously sending me a message that she only wanted to be friends with me. So fuck that song.

But the Decemberists do have their moments. "The Engine Driver" is easily my favorite song of theirs. Those who know me personally know that it went on my 'Best Of 2005' compliation that I give out for Christmas every year. See? It pays to be my friend. And that's what friends are for. *shudder*

  • The Decemberists Official Site
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home