pz_banner2

Monday, April 28, 2008

Working My Way Back To You, Babe

I sincerely apologize for the desolate state of POP ZEUS! ovr the last several months. No, I haven't stopped loving music like a dork, but work has garnered all of my attention. I plan to get back on the trolley (I like using slang from the twenties that no one uses anymore) this weekend. I already have a debilitating list of tracks as well as hundreds of vinyls rips to offer up, I just have to get my lazy ass to get back into the groove!



The Mountain Goats have really won me back over with their latest offering Heretic Pride. After 2006's disappointing (for me, anyway) Get Lonely, Heretic is a breath of fresh air from John Darnielle and his newfound drummer, ex- Superchunk and Robert Pollard drummer Jon Wurster, who if you ask me is almost too good to be playing with the Goats. Theres just not enough room for his passionate Keith Moon style drumming behind the the already limitless passion of Darnielle and his lyrics. The video for the album's first single "Sax Rohmer #1", directed by Ace Norton, is absolutely fantastic. I don't think I've ever seen a Mountain Goats video before and this one is perfect. So don't make another one. K? THNX!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Vic Arpeggio said...

Workin' My Way Back To Dudes, Babe.

12:19 PM PDT  
Blogger moik said...

hey - look! one of the guest contributors!

vlbyhh

11:34 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

looks like i didnt get back on the trolley after all....

10:12 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home