pz_banner2

Monday, August 06, 2007

Get Me A Juice Box, Bee-yotch!

eric

Wreckless Eric "Whole Wide World"

I first heard Wreckless Eric's "Whole Wide World" in the Will Ferrell film Stranger Than Fiction. Despite a very good soundtrack the film was awful. Which is why I have waited so long to put this song on POP ZEUS! as to disassociate myself in any way from the movie. Listen, I didn't like it I said!! I DIDN'T!!

Wreckless Eric came about through the ranks of Stiff Records as a member of the label's original batch of artists. His only real hit "Whole Wide World" featured the accompaniment of Nick Lowe and Ian Dury (of course). Later down the road Eric had some problems with the old fire water and basically remained a wash up until his career was revitalized by a thin, poorly thought entry on POP ZEUS! and definitely NOT the film Stranger Than Fiction. No need to thank me, Eric. Yr musical prose is thanks enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home