pz_banner2

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Pull Up To The Second Window! WUH OH!!!

David Lee Roth 1986

David Lee Roth "Yankee Rose"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

I've always been a big fan of David Lee Roth. Obviously now the guy is a washed up has been who's desparate clinging is and embarrassment. but back in the day he was a full pedigree rock star. It helped that he was the lead singer for one of the most bad ass rock bands of all time, but after his relationship with Van Halen lapsed, he sought after a Van Halen of his own. Roth employed the abilities of top notch musicians like Bill Sheehan and Steve Vai and recorded Eat 'Em And Smile which included the hit "Yankee Rose", still one of my favorite songs.

The video for Yankee Rose is probably best remembered for Roth entering a mini mart wearing Amazonian makeup and asking for a "bottle of anything and a glazed donut... to GO!". This was one of my favorite videos growing up. I recently played the video game "Rumble Roses" for Playstation and found it theme song was "Yankee Rose" covered by some all girl band who obviously did everything in their power to suck all the joy and fun out of the song.

Later in life I would encounter Diamond Dave face to face, in a Los Angeles strip club. I told him I was a big fan and asked how he was doing. He had a teenaged looking stripper in his lap and replied "How does it look like i'm doin?". I wanted to say not that great because you're PAYING that girl to sit in your lap but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Put this song on at volume and remember the good old days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home