pz_banner2

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Why You Wanna Stooge Me Up?

stooges

The Stooges "The Weirdness"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

Yes, I bought the new Stooges record, The Weirdness. No. I don't like it. I keep giving it chances though. I know I should like it. Its Iggy and the Stooges for fuck's sake. But I just can't force myself to enjoy it. The songs sound like they probably could been written in the early 70s. The guitars sound cool and Iggy's performance is good, but it's still slightly off. I just don't know what it could be.

Perhaps its merely the fact that a highly influential band is now cashing in on their acclaim, but about twenty years too late. I saw these guys perform and they were good, but on record it just doesn't have the oomph of Fun House and Raw Power. I'm still going to keep digging away at this record, though. I want to like it so bad. Maybe in a year I'll realize its greatness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home