pz_banner2

Saturday, April 14, 2007

I Turned It Off Before The CD Even Ended

B000MRA4WK.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V45846931_SS500_

Modest Mouse "Little Motel"

Modest Mouse "Edit The Sad Parts"

[right click to download, ctrl or option click if yr a mac!]

So now that every blog in the universe has weighed in on what they think of the new Modest Mouse record I guess it's my turn. I'll keep this quick and to the point: I don't like it. I'm not going to go on a diatribe about how they've sold out or anything like that. I just feel it doesn't sound like their other records that I really love. Modest Mouse's appeal to me was always that they sounded very messy and muddled but broke through that with amazing emotional clarity.

This record does not have that (nor did their last, for that matter). I'll continue to buy their records but I'm not suggesting this one to anyone. Seeing as you're used to seeing mp3s from what I talk about here, I'll put up "Little Motel". I chose it pretty randomly. In case you want to know what I mean by older MM, here's "Edit The Sad Parts". Contrast and compare.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

I happen to really like this new MM record as I did the last one.

8:38 PM PDT  
Blogger dusted21 said...

Yeah, I don't know Eric, I just can't get into it. I've tried. It just doesn't have the same rawness I liked about all their other records. Maybe I'll come around.

10:24 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home